I’ve been struggling a lot lately, so I made this comic to motivate myself. I hope it helps anyone else who’s in a bit of a slump like myself.
#selfcare #selflove #truth
We all have those days where everything is wrong and you just wanna curl up in bed and cry yourself back to sleep. If that’s what makes you feel better, go for it! A lot of times though, this doesn’t help or makes you feel worse; so here’s what I do to turn bad days around. Not every day will be rainbows and unicorns, but hopefully these techniques can ease your burden a little.
1. Get Moving
Exercise releases endorphins and can help you to clear your mind. Just make sure you’re having fun and not just punishing yourself.
- - Go for a walk outside. Enjoy the beautiful scenery and center yourself.
- - Do some HIIT (try 30 seconds of jumping, 15 seconds of squats, and 15 seconds of pushups). Pour all of what your feeling into the moves.
- - Put on some happy music and dance. Do it locked up in your room if you want, just dance around like you have no care in the world.
- - Try yoga or meditation. Yoga is a great way to relax while releasing physical and mental tension. You can follow videos on YouTube if you like.
2. Spread Some Love
Studies have shown that spreading positivity, even if you feel like you have none, can significantly boost your mood.
- - Call up a friend if you can. See if you can get together for lunch or shopping. Try not to dwell on your problem and just enjoy yourself.
- - Bake some goodies to eat and (maybe!) share. The rhythm of cooking is very therapeutic and the results are delicious.
- - Send someone a nice message to let them know that you’re thinking of them.Even just a simple “Have a nice day!” will do the trick.
3. Pamper Yourself
Simple self-care techniques can help you to be at peace. Recognize whatever is wrong and let it go.
- - Take a warm bath or shower. Take as long as you need and enjoy the sensation.
- - Light a candle and put on some yummy lotion. Your skin will thank you and the smell is heavenly.
- - Play around with your makeup and hair. If it’s something you enjoy, it can be fun to try and master beachy waves or a cat eye. Again, you can find tons of stuff on YouTube.
4. Find a Distraction
If all else fails, you’re still are allowed to spend the day in bed on Netflix.
- - Watch a movie or show. You can go on sites like Netflix or Hulu. Try and watch something lighthearted to lift your spirits.
- - Listen to some music. Discover a new favorite band. Maybe even try playing a new instrument if you’re feeling adventurous.
- - Scroll through Tumblr. Spend a while on social media to remind yourself that you aren’t alone. If you want to, send a message to me or any other blog you trust.
- - Do some online window-shopping. Most stores sell their merchandise online now and even if you’re not going to buy anything, it can still be fun to look.
Take as long as you need to feel what you’re going through. You’ll be back on your feet in no time!
This sign is in my doctors office above the scale and I really love it. It actually made me feel a lot better after reading it
NSV! i got too small for the jeans Id been wearing so pulled some from the pile of too small drawer and they fit!!!!